L'viv diocese includes the parishes of L'viv region (27 December 1988 from the part of the L'viv diocese was created a Ternopil' diocese).
The population of the region from the early ages has really a wide variety of nations. Mainly it is - Ukrainians ("Rusyny", "Ruthenians", "Rusychi") but also it is a Russians, Bielarussions, Polish, Jews, Armenians, Gipsy and many others people. By the confession the majority of population identify themselves as a so called "Greek-Catholic" (uniats), many Christians still are in the division (schysm) UAOC and UOC KP. According to the situation in 2007 year in L'viv region were parishes: Ukrainian Orthodox Church (UOC)– 62; Greek-Catholic – 1413; UOC KP – 356; UAOC – 350; Roman Catholic – 118; Evangelical Christians-Baptists – 56; Christian of the Gospel-faith – 61; and others.
Highest Theological courses are working in the diocesal Department. There 40 students and catechetical persons are learning the basic subjects (history, old-slavonic language, liturgika, patristics etc.). The clergy of the St. George parish doing their sacramental catechetical, preaching, administrative-organizational and other activities. For those who are preparing for Holy Baptizm (for their parents in law as well), there are a spiritual conversations here; for those, who are preparing to receive a Holy Mystery - Holy Matrimony, also are deep sistematical meetings with the priest. Who are interested in the basical knowledges in the Christian righteousness - could find here a worthy advice for his(her) own path to God. The sunday schools are working in the diocese for children and for the elder as well. The Mission department under the guidance of Nadia Onyshchuk also is providing here a wide and a popular educational information among the youth and the old people, which have had a serious ilnesses in the dividers' or uniatics' environment, or which were suffering under the destructive influence of the different cults. Such a people wish to return to the primodial faith of our God-loving ancestors. Holy Orthodoxy opens its arms to them, as to longwaited brethren. In L'viv diocese the library, audioteka and videoteka are working for free.
The diocesal address: Korolenko-street 3, L'viv, Ukraine, 79008.
From the L'viv train station by the trams ¹9 or ¹1 you should go till the "Pidvalna-street", right behind the Regional L'viv Parlament
Address for your letters: Korolenko-street 3, L'viv, Ukraine, 79008. a/box 1352.
Tel/fax: 038-(0322) 75-80-99.
Decanats: 9 (Drohobych; Zhovkva; Radehiv; Sambir; Sokal'; Staro-Sambir; Stryj; Turka; Javoriv).
Parishes: 62 (in 1989 it was 1260).
Churches 36 (in L'viv are only 3: St. George's, St. Trinity and St. Volodymyr's).
Clergy altogether: priests - 56, deacons - 6.
Newspaper "Light of Orthodoxy" ("Svitlo Pravoslavja")
( Editor - Shevchenko Anatolij;
monthly is publishing from 1994; quantity: 2000; additions "On the guard"("Na varti") (for the solders and army-servers) and "Have mercy and save" ("Pomyluj i spasy") (for those, who are under the justice-punishment, in the prisons etc.).
Adress: Korolenko-street 3, L'viv, Ukraine, 79008. a/box 1352.
- Peter and Paul brotherhood (Founded in L'viv in 1993. Chairman - Volodymyr Chujny. Activities: spiritual education and missional work, brothedhood members are taking care on children special schools, places for the parentless teenagers, hospitals for the old people. The library with the help of the brotherhood (personally by Tymchyshyn's family) helps to survive the 900 readers. In addition this brotherhood is praying the whole-day-nightly the Holy Psalms for the health and wealth of all the faithful people over the world.
- St. Barbara sisterhood (Was founed in L'viv by the chairwoman Lubov Galenko. This formation cooperate with some departmens of the Psychoatric clinic and provides some humanitarian help for the poor.
- Youth fellowship in the name of Pochaiv wondermaking icon of Holy Theotokos (Founded by Maxym Sorochan in L'viv in 1994, Chairwoman - Sofia Vereshchak. Now members of the fellowship are working in the kindergartens, taking care for the poor children from Rava Rus'ka special school, providing the social-help program with the children from the poor families in the St. George's parish. Together with the "Child care" NGO trying to cooperate with the children department of the regional Psychoatric clinic. With the blessing of His Eminence Augustine provides the informational-social research and co-operation with other Orthodox fellowships in the rales of the Orthodox Youth Fellowship of Ukraine[see on page SPILKA PRAVOSLAVNOI MOLODI UKRAINY], etc.
- St. Panteleimon's medical fellowship;
- Fellowship "Save and keep" ("Spasy i zberezhy") in the name of the Theodorivs'ka icon of Holy Theotokos (Was founded in L'viv in 1995 by the chairwoman Svitlana Potashovs. Organizing the education against the abortions, contraceptions and other modern devastation.
As the cathedral Dome of the L'viv diocese a St. George's church temporary is using.
Here is now a small parts of the sacred relicts of St. Barbara the martyr St. Fathers from the Kyiv-Pechers'k Lavra (the main sanctuary of Ukraine), St. Job - igumen of Pochaiv Lavra (the biggest monastery in Ukraine) St. Ioasaf from Bilgorod, Kuksha from Odesa and others numerous forefathers and prayerers in faith.
With https://www.bookstime.com, you can scratch bookkeeping off your to-do list --permanently.